What a wonderful performance for the U7s today! First away win of the season. Well done boys. Next game home to Arlesey town.

Hares U8 Blacks playing only the 2nd game of the season started slowly today. A strong Shefford team came to Puckeridge and made things hard for Hares, it was though the home team that missed the early chances and Shefford took advantage taking a lead into half time. The second half saw a different Hares team come out to play, shaking off the cobwebs of not playing for a while Hares started to play their quick passing game and it made for a close exciting match. A MOM performance and 4 goals from Oliver in the last 4 minutes made it a close well-played game for both teams.

A good performance by the U8 Orange today against a hard working Letchworth Grey team, Hares started the stronger with Raffy scoring some goals, Letchworth then upped their game and came back into went into half time with the lead. Hares came out strong in the second half playing some fine passing football and knocking the ball around with confidence, a very close fought second half was finished off by Hares scoring when some swift passing was rewarded by Jacob slotting the ball home.

A really tough game for the U10 Blacks today away at Stotfold. Stotfold were very physical and very hungry, Hares did a lot of defending in the first half and conceded for the first time this season. Second half Hares pulled their socks up pumped out their chests and had a real go, even calling the opposition goalkeeper into action a couple of times.

The U12’s welcomed a Hitchin Town Lions side full of confidence after their big win last time out. The Hares had most of the early possession but it was the away team who had the chance to open the scoring by being awarded a penalty. However a great save by Joel Sutton from the resulting spot kick kept the scores level. The deadlock was finally broken though by Hitchin Town with the score 0-1 going into Half Time. Early pressure at the beginning of the second half saw Hitchin Town go 2-0 up. The Hares though were back in the game after a speculative long range shot by Billy Norman was fumbled by the visiting goalkeeper to make it 1-2. The home side were soon level at 2-2 with a goal from Luke Spowart. With their backs up there was only going to be one winner and sure enough it was George Clarke with his third goal in 3 games to complete the comeback for a final score of 3-2 to The Hares. Next week, away to Stevenage Diamondbacks!

It was the 25th September, and the U11 warriors met Bishops Stortford, to do battle on the pitch. The whistle blew and off they flew. A super tackle made by Mike Cannell who then passed to Seth Holleyman. Seth saw a gap, and off he whizzed down the wing, and shot it in the bottom left of the goal. The game continued with some great defending by Lewis Lennard, who passed to Luke Ellis. Luke saw off the opposition, weaving through the players, and put the ball in the top left of the goal. Bishop’s Stortford fought back, but our guest appearance goalie –Harrison Egerton, remained strong and defiant.  Seth Holleyman passed to Jasper Baines, who took a touch, which struck the crossbar and rebounded in the back of the net. A penalty just outside the box for Bishop’s Stortford, saw Harrison Egerton save the ball with ease. Bishops’s Stortford moved forward with a goal kick, which was stolen by Luke Ellis, who kicked it straight in the back of the net. Bishop’s Stortford took a shot at goal from outside the box, but Nathan Tye, was there, and cleared the ball away from the area. A great cross from Alfie Astle to Jasper Baines, who shot it in the bottom left. Another great cross from Seth Holleyman to Japer Baines saw him place it in the back of the net. Jasper Baines did a short pass to Seth Holleyman, who took the ball with a touch, and then shot with his left foot into the top left corner. A cross from William Davey to Alfie Astle, who shot with his left foot into the bottom left corner. Pressure from Bishops Stortford, saw a great save from Mike Cannell. Lewis Lannard battled with the opposition to win the ball, and then crossed to William Davey, who shot the ball in the top right of the goal. A through ball from Luke Ellis to Nathan Tye, saw him shoot the ball right in the back of the net. All had an exciting game, but special mentions go out to our guest appearance goalie Harrison Egerton who received man of the match, and Lewis Lennard who received the coaches’ award for superb defending. Many thanks to our Coach, Phil Baines for sharing his football wisdom, and our lines man Steve Holleyman.

First home match of the season for the U14’s against Sumners Youth. We started very brightly and soon began to dominate play with quick passing and pressing the opposition in their own half. By half time we had been very clinical in front of goal and were 8-0 up, the 2nd half we relaxed with players rotated out of their usual positions and added 2 more goals conceding 1 goal late on. Six boys shared the goals being Will (2), Austen Garrod(2), Dominic Garrod (2), Oliver, Luke, Joseph and Noah.