On Saturday the U7s were at home to Hitchin Town Tigers u7s, the team have all started to impress me with how well they have started to gel as a team, especially now we have added two new players over the last month. They were all hungry to go for goal but despite that not happening they still were playing some wonderful football, brilliant dribbling and calling for the ball, some lovely long balls and they all reacted well to the weather getting colder and as the game progressed that didn’t put them off.  Well done all, looking forward to next week another home game!! The man of the match this week was Logan! 

The U8 Blacks travelled to Stevenage on Saturday to play SBJ Cyclones. Expecting a tough game Hares started strongly and took the lead within a minute, the Blacks playing some smart passing football soon added to the score line with a team goal and a fine individual goal. Cyclones then woke up and playing some great football of their own soon reduced the deficit by pouncing on any of Hares mistakes. The second half was played in the same way as the first with both teams passing from the back and attacking quickly, there were more goals for both teams despite two brilliant performance’s from both goalkeepers. The game was played as mini soccer should be with both teams parents and coaches applauding both their own and the other teams good play and hard work. End to end football, skills, tackles, shots, saves, goals, laughter and fun. Well done both teams.  

The U10’s Blacks were away at Stevenage Borough Galaxy this morning for a very wet and muddy match. Hares started the game off the strongest and probably played the better football. The defence looked solid and worked well together, The midfield were working hard to play the ball forward, the passing was improving as time went on and as half time arrived the Blacks were the happier out of the 2 teams. 2nd half Galaxy stepped their game up and really made the Blacks work hard. Hares still tried to attack when the opportunity was there and were unlucky not to score on a couple of occasions. Both teams played some great football today in what were trying conditions and the Hares should come away from Stevenage with lots of positives. M.O.T.M went to Bradley today for some great defending and a never giving up attitude.  

The U12’s travelled to FC Comets on a cold, wet afternoon for their 3rd round League Cup tie knowing that they had to be at their best playing against a team a League above them. The quality of the opponents was evident from the start and it was the home side who took the lead with less than 2 mins on the clock. Although under constant pressure The Hares held strong at the back and tried to attack on the counter, and it was one of these counter attacks that got the visitors back into the game when George Clark pounced on a goalkeeping error to make it 1-1. The Hares were now seeing much more of the ball and were matching their opponents in all positions, but a fluke lob by FC Comets made the score 2-1 going into half time. The Hares came out for the second half full of confidence and were rewarded by their efforts when a Billy Norman through ball found George Clark, who finished for his second of the game to make it 2-2. The visitors were now believing in themselves and took the lead when Tom Griffiths found George Clark who completed his hat-trick to make it 2-3. With the clock ticking down and under constant pressure The Hares were desperately trying to hold on to their advantage, but the home side managed to find the equaliser to make it 3-3 and take the game into Extra Time. With both sides having chances in the first half of extra time it was FC Comets who now had the advantage in the tie when a goal from a free kick just before the extra time break made it 4-3. The Hares knew that they now had to put in the biggest 10mins of their season so far, and that’s exactly what they did. Pushing players forward at every opportunity finally paid off when Barney O’Hara found the net with the last kick of the game to make the final score 4-4 and take the tie into dreaded penalties. Although finishing the game on such a high the boys were cruelly beaten in the shoot out, with FC Comets winning 4-3 on pens. Despite the disappointment of the players at the end of the game each and everyone of The Hares should be congratulated on such a great effort against a strong FC Comets team.