On Saturday the Hares U7s travelled to Buntingford Cougars Stripes, it was a well played end to end game on such a muddy wet pitch that suited the home teams game. The Hares worked hard but due to not having any subs the players tired out much quicker in the conditions. Player of the match :- Betsy (wouldn’t stop running and fighting for the ball)

The U8 Blacks travelled to Hitchin on Saturday to play Lea Sports Pumas, the Blacks didn’t take long to get into their stride, with Oliver pulling the strings from the back Lewis and Jacob pushed forward down the flanks for fun supplying plenty of chances for Charlie up top. It didn’t take Hares long to profit from their domination and they soon had the lead. The introduction of Ossie at the back allowed Oliver to push forward and it wasn’t long before Hares added some more to the scoreline. Pumas did manage to get on the score sheet despite some great footwork from keeper Billy just before half time. The second half the home team started strongly and playing the long ball from the keeper scored again, this though just woke Hares up and they knocked the ball around for fun scoring more team goals and an individual goal from Ossie. With Billy coming out of goal and playing upfront it was only some fine saves and the woodwork that prevented Hares scoring more than they did. A wonderful footballing performance from all the players.

Hares U10 Blacks were away at Bassingbourn this morning, and what an exciting, nail biting fast game it turned out to be. Both teams played some really nice football at times with both sets of players really going for it. Hares all round play was so nice to watch, they defended as a team and they attacked as a team, I could very easily and happily talk about every player on what they did for the team but again I would be here all day. The Blacks again went behind in the first half but the score did not reflect the way the game was going. Hares came close a few times by hitting the cross bar and the post, Henry put one over the top from close range, Paul had a one on one with the keeper putting it just wide, Everyone could see the goals would come. So when they did come it had a great positive effect on the team and It was looked like another famous Blacks come back, With both teams searching for another goal it really opened the game up. The Blacks should all be very proud with how they played some really good football today and their never give up attitude and determination is a pleasure to watch. Goals today from Oliver, and M.O.T.M went to Jed for a superb performance in goal.

The U12’s travelled to St. Neots to face a team unbeaten in the current league. Although the home side had slightly more of the possession in the first half The Hares Keeper was rarely tested, and it was the visitors who had the better chances to break the deadlock. An evenly matched first half finished 0-0 with both teams feeling confident going into the break. However it was The Hares who came out stronger for the second half, having more of the ball paid off for the visitors when a long range effort from Luke Spowart was parried by the home keeper and it was George Clark who reacted fastest to make it 0-1 to The Hares. With the visitors now playing full of confidence a through ball from Ben Livermore found GC who rounded the keeper to score his, and The Hares second of the game to make it 0-2. St. Neots were now finding it hard to get back into the game, and after a fine ball down the left channel from Joey Wedge it was once again George Clark who completed his hat-trick to make it 0-3. Despite St. Neots pulling a goal back late on it proved to be only a consolation as The Hares saw the game out to win 1-3. A great performance from the Under 12’s takes them to the top of their current league for the first time since they moved up a division.

The U14s played their rearranged Div 1 cup quarter final this morning at home against Panshanger Lions. The boys started very quickly and closed down their opponents not allowing them time on the ball. Good movement off the ball and using the wings to get crosses into the box reaped its reward after 10 minutes when Owen converted at the back post. 5 minutes later a good run and cross by Austin C eluded the goalkeeper as it sailed over his head into the far corner, 2-0 up. Before half time William scored 2 goals, first finishing off a great team move from a square pass from Dominic. His second was a cooly slotted penalty after Luke was brought down in the box, 4-0 at half time. The second half saw Panshanger create a couple of good chances which our Goalkeeper Ed saved well. Luke scored our 5th from a shot parried by their GK. Harry then added a 6th with a cross, come shot which flew in off the back post. Panshanger scored a penalty in the last moments of the match and  from the  kick-off a good move down the right saw a low cross turned in by Daniel to end the match 7-1 to Hares. They now progress to the semi final on 26th Feb . MOTM Luke