Today the U7s played Buntingford Cougars Whites away and you would not believe that they haven’t played a game for the last 3 weeks. After a hard game against Cougars Stripes team last game we decided to play a more attacking game and it paid off. Some points for todays game, brilliant passing and brilliant team work and well done to Harry playing his first game I so hope he enjoyed it! Man Of the match :- Harry

First game of 2017 and Hares Youth U10’s Blacks were at home against a very good St Neots team. A game full of goals. The Blacks took a while to get going and as a result found themselves behind after 10/15 minutes. But the team kept their heads up and pulled together, stepped it up a gear and went in at half time all level. Second half the Blacks came out wanting more, they started passing the ball around better and created a lot more chances. Goalkeeper Jed made some great saves to keep the Blacks in the game, the defenders also working hard to keep the ball away from the home sides goal and get the ball forward to the attackers. St Neots were not going to give up and the game opened up and was a great end to end game. There were more goals from both teams before the end of the match which made for a very entertaining game with the Blacks playing some great football. Goals from Leo and Noah with M.o.t.m going to Leo.

In their first game back after the Christmas break the U12’s welcomed Hitchin Town to Ralph Sadlier. Both keepers were tested in a very even opening to the game but it was the home side that broke the deadlock half way through the first half when a through ball from Luke Spowart found Tom Griffiths who calmly slotted past the keeper to make it 1-0. Although The Hares were now having more of the possession they couldn’t add to their tally and the game went into half-time at 1-0. The second half started as the first one had with both teams sharing the possession. Although the better chances were falling to the home side they couldn’t find a way past a good Hitchin Town goalkeeper. The visitors had a chance to level the scores with literally the last kick of the game, but it was Tom Griffiths who came to the rescue with a goal line clearance to ensure all 3 points went to The Hares.

The U14s this morning played their top of the table clash against second placed Hoddesdon Blues in what turned out to be a bruising affair. Hares started the game well and carried out the pre match instructions to pass and move the ball quickly and not get drawn into a physical battle. After 15 mins an accurate pass from Austen G set his brother Dominic through on goal who fired us into the lead with a rifled shot to the top right hand corner. Hoddesdon players were intent in flying into tackles and one late challenge put our left back Austin Christie out of the game with knee ligament damage, it resulted in their first yellow card.  Just before half time a well disguised pass from Luke split the Hoddeson defence for Austen Garrod to score low past the goalie into the bottom corner 2-0 at half time. The second half followed the same pattern as the first with the good football being played by the Hares who were matching the physical attempts to stop them. Dominic scored his 2nd again thankful of an assist from his brother Austen , 3-0 up. With 15 mins left a reckless tackle put Noah off the pitch with ankle damage and resulted in another yellow card. The game was put to bed 5 minutes later after a delightful lob over their back four from Luke Clark to Owen Muir who scored to end the game 4-0 to the Hares. All 13 players in the squad showed great self-discipline and self-control to keep playing to our game plan today but when needed were not afraid to mix it against a physical side who lost the plot in trying to deal with the football played against them … Well done lads !!!! MOTM Dominic