Today Hares U7s for the first time played Royston Town Eagles at home. The first 10 minutes was very end to end with some good defending from the Hares and some well-timed saves from both keepers. I made a couple of position changes which made the second 10 mins more adventurous for the Hares. The third 10 mins we swapped sides and the Hares started to get more control of the ball, which gave us the chance to get in to Royston’s goal area. The last 10 mins Hares didn’t stop trying to push forward and attempt to beat their keeper which gave Hares a free kick just outside the box, just after the free kick we were awarded a penalty for a foul inside the box. Everyone played so well today and they should all be proud of themselves.  Next week Royston Town Eagles Away! Player of the match :- Cody C, for shocking everyone and playing the best he has ever played.

The U8 Black’s hosted Lea Sports Puma this Saturday after playing them away last week. Hares started as they finished the last game and scored early from a fine long shot from Lewis, with the game played all in Pumas half it wasn’t long before Charlie added another from close range, the game continued one sided and only some fine saves and the cross bar from a clever shot from Oliver kept Pumas in the game. Hares continued to press and play but were wasteful in the final third of the pitch and the lack of movement from up top saw several attacking opportunities lead to nothing. Second half and a different Puma team came out to play, right from the off they pressed Hares and gave them little time to play, the Pumas worked their socks off and the game became very equal. Hares for some reason stopped playing their passing game started to run with the ball, this played into Pumas hands and with a changed Hares defence the away team got themselves back into the game, I must say their second goal was a cracker, a fantastic team goal and a fine finish. A fine effort from both teams.

If top of the table U14s thought they were going to get an easy ride against bottom of the table Bury Rangers this Sunday, they were wrong! With a few players short including a goalie, the manager had to juggle positions around. Quite early on in the match Bury made a run forward and scored against the run of play leaving the boys 1-0 down. This woke the boys up and Aus G scored the equaliser shortly afterwards. The Bury boys didn’t give up battling but another goal by Aus G put the boys in front for the first time. This didn’t last long and Bury ran at them again equalising to the shock of the boys. Just before half time Will scored to take it to 3-2 at half time.  After managers words at half time both teams came out fighting but it was Bury’s determination that paid off with an early goal, 3-3.  Very soon though the boys were spurred into action with 2 goals from Aus C and finally, after 2 saves from the goalie, Dom scored and the boys clinched the match 6-3. MOTM Owen