On Saturday the U7s played Royston Town Colts under U7s Falcons at home. The first 10 mins of the game Hares started off slowly and Royston took advantage of this Hares didn’t stop trying to get back at Royston who had some brilliant shots at goal. The second 10 mins of the game Hares come out wanting to get back in the match and we pushed them back to their half with James scoring some wonderful goals and some really good play from everyone. The third 10 mins of the game started strongly for both teams going backwards and forwards from both ends of the field with both teams scoring with a wonderful goal from Henry scoring from a rebound for the Hares. The last 10 mins of the game was again strong from both teams with neither one scoring but the Hares willingness to play as a team and go for the goal is second to none. Well done to the whole team! Player of the match :- chosen by the injured Austin who everyone is missing was Henry.

The U8 Black’s hosted Letchworth Yellows this Saturday and as usual it was a nicely played game when these teams meet. Hares dominated the first half spending most of the game in Letchworths half but failed to take advantage of the early chances allowing the Yellows to grow into the game. A quick break from Letchworth and a mistake at the back from Hares led to the away team taking the lead. The game was quickly levelled by a fine team from Hares who continued to dominate the possession. The second half and Hares lost their shape and played as individuals rather than a team for ten minutes, with the coach having moved players around they seemed confused as what to do. Letchworth took advantage and pounced on Hares mistakes. The Blacks then woke up and started to play again and pinned Letchworth back in their own half, the away team soaked up the pressure and tried to hit Hares on the counter. Hares got back in the score sheet with another fine goal and dominated possession. Well played Letchworth Yellows, a game played in the corrected spirit, very enjoyable. 

Hares Youth U10 Blacks were away to Letchworth Eagles this morning. On what looked to be a very wet, cold and windy morning turned out to be a nice morning when the sun came out just before KO. The Blacks started off well, they got on the ball and passed it around with ease. They attacked the home side in numbers and were unlucky not to score on several occasions thanks to the Eagles defence and a good display from their goalkeeper. But the Blacks continued to play their football and controlled most of the first half. Letchworth did have their chances and with thanks for a couple of super saves from our goalkeeper (JED) they didn’t manage to get that goal. Second half the wind had got up and the Blacks were heading into it which made it difficult, so the Blacks tried as much as they could to keep the ball on the floor. The game started to open up with both teams wanting to score, it was a real end to end game which for the spectators was fantastic to watch. The blacks came off feeling they had played the better football and so were able to take a lot of positives from the game. MOTM went to Charlie. 

Going into their last game of their current League, the Under 12’s knew that a good win away to Baldock Town Templars would see them finish in top spot and secure a second consecutive League win this season. Once again the curse of having players missing meant that the boys had to go into the game with the bare 9. It was evident from the start that The Hares were going to have to produce their performance of the season to get the result they were hoping for, but it was Baldock who broke the deadlock early on to make it 1-0. A second for Baldock followed quickly and despite having their confidence knocked, and not playing anywhere near their best, The Hares managed to keep the score at 2-0 going into Half Time. With the wind behind them in the second half the visitors were back into the game when a Luke Spowart long range effort was parried by the keeper to George Clark who finished to make it 2-1. However The Hares hopes were short lived as Baldock struck again to make it 3-1. Although The Hares had a few more chances to get back onto the score sheet, a generally disappointing performance by the team saw the game finish 3-1 to Baldock. The boys will hopefully put this week’s performance behind them, and having earned the right to move up a division for the second time this season, can get back to winning ways next Sunday.