The u8 oranges were at home against Baldock today and with a full squad available it allowed Leo the opportunity to help the blacks out. The boys worked really well for each other and are really starting to come together as a team. A peach of a goal from Charlie R, a great shot from Jack and another from Adam meant the boys remained in contention throughout. Finley had another MOTM performance in goal and was always looking for an opportunity to stop Baldock scoring. The game was enjoyed thoroughly by all the spectators, well done boys 

The sun shone for the u8 Blacks this morning as they travelled to Melbourn. The game got off to a great start with a goal from Liam in the opening minutes, this was added to with a penalty from William. The game continued in this fashion further demonstrating the need for the blacks to move up a division. Leo made his debut for the blacks and played well and a MOTM performance by Harry. Well done boys you played with great sportsmanship and continue to impress. Looking forward to a home game against Royston next week.

The Under 14’s welcomed unbeaten Hoddesdon Town to Ralph Sadleir knowing that they were in for a much harder test than their game last week. With top scorer Joey Wedge absent The Hares were looking to George Clark to deliver the goods this week, for which he duly obliged by netting after 4 minutes after a perfectly timed through ball from Jake Craddock De-Bois to get The Hares off to the perfect start. It was clearly going to be a close game as both teams shared possession and had chances to score, and it was Hoddesdon Town who’s chance to score increased drastically when they were rewarded a penalty on 30mins. However a fantastic save by Joel Sutton down to his right hand corner kept the score at 1-0 to The Hares at Half-time. The second half started pretty much the same as the first with both teams sharing possession and chances. However a long throw from Luke Spowart caused panic in the visitors penalty box and after a mistake by the keeper George Clark prodded in his second of the game to make it 2-0. Despite going 2-0 down Hoddesdon kept their heads and were now looking the stronger side, and they were soon back into the game by making it 2-1. With Hoddesdon pushing for the equaliser and putting pressure on the Hares defence the visitors got another opportunity from the penalty spot after The Hares were punished by the ref for a dubious hand ball in the area with 5 minutes remaining. This time the keeper didn’t have to make a save as the spot kick was put wide. Despite the let off it was Hoddesdon who managed to nick a goal right at the death to make the final result 2-2. Although the lads’ heads were down at the end of the game the result was probably a fair one, and it still leaves The Hares unbeaten and at the top of the league. This week MOTM went to Jamie Lynch who was playing his first game of the season after a collar bone break during the summer.