Local derby for the u8 Blacks away at Buntingford Cougars this morning. The sun shone as the boys took to the pitch and the parents all got ready for what was a keenly awaited fixture. Hares scored with a great goal from Charlie R but Cougars were soon fighting back, scoring themselves before quarter time. Stanley then scored two great goals giving Hares the upper hand. Cougars retaliated and this was how the morning continued with both teams eager to entertain the watching crowd. Further goals from both sides resulted in a very entertaining end to end game, which was great for all involved. William played in goal throughout and earned POTM for some great saves. Thanks to everyone involved and Cougars for being great hosts, management are now racing to Biggleswade to support the Oranges!!!!

Wow what a game for the u8 Oranges today away at Biggleswade. Lacking a few players due to availability meant the team were down to 6 but that didn’t stop them! To say the boys worked tirelessly is an understatement as they ran their socks off and it paid off. A slightly unorthodox goal direct from an Ethan throw in started Hares off and a 20 yard shot from Vinnie and a blinder from Charlie H finished off a great performance. POTM goes to Vinnie but all the boys were a credit to us all. Brilliant morning all round for the U8s, bring on two home fixtures next week.

The under 14’s travelled to Letchworth Garden City Eagles for an afternoon Kick-off this week looking to continue their excellent form in the league. From the start it looked like it was going to be easy sailing for the visitors in the autumn warmth, and it only took 10 minutes for The Hares to score when Luke Spowart struck to make it 0-1. Two minutes later The Hares doubled their lead when George Clark scored his first of the afternoon to make it 0-2. The third came on 23 minutes after Billy Norman didn’t give up on a loose ball to make 0-3 going into the break. Despite the score line The Hares were not playing to their potential, however further goals followed in the second half When George Clark added his second on 45 minutes and then completed his hat-trick on 58 minutes to make the final score 0-5 to The Hares. Although it wasn’t a great performance by the team this week it was another 3 points in the bag, and The Hares still remain unbeaten in the league. Barney O’Hara deservedly won MOTM with a solid performance at the back. The lads have a day off next Sunday before another away fixture to Hitchin Town in 2 weeks time.