U8 Oranges were away to Biggleswade this morning and had the pleasure of playing on a 3G pitch. The boys were keen to get going after a week off from training and having rested over half term. It was the first time we had met this team and both teams were a bit slow to get started. Adam got Hares on the scoresheet, and it was a very close played match with anyone able to score right up until 3/4 time. Some great moves from Biggleswade in the last 5 minutes gave them a couple of great goals, but the boys played well and will come back stronger next week, at home to a different side from Biggleswade!! POTM Finley for some superb saves, well done boys

FC Comets away in Ickleford was the venue for the U8 Blacks this morning, and management were hoping that a weeks rest from school would see the boys refreshed and ready to go. A poorly Louis meant we were down to six but the boys were determined to make the most of it. Stanley scored in the opening minutes, shortly followed by a left footed goal from Liam. Harry scored again in the first quarter and the boys were doing well. Second quarter and a great shot from Charlie followed by another from Liam meant the boys were looking comfortable at half time. At this point Hares decided to move the players around allowing William to come out of goal, replaced by our ever dependable Reggie, who demonstrated yet again how to play well in goal! William was soon involved in the action and scored a great goal. 3/4 time and Hares looked good, but then watch out boys as FC Comets were not giving up. Overall a great morning of football enjoyed by all, well done boys, see you all at home to Letchworth next week. POTM Harry with Liam voted POTM by FC Comets.

Hares U12 Yellows travelled to Walkern today and started the brighter of the 2 teams and were rewarded when Francis scored early on. Hares continued to dominate only for the home side to equalise. Hares retook the lead straight away when Harry stabbed in the rebound from a Francis freekick. With the game turning scrappy on what was a very poor pitch, Hares added to their tally with a great finish from Zane, only for the opposition to quickly respond. The boys stayed strong under pressure, working hard when needed. The final 10 minutes was all Hares with late goals from Beeshman and Francis. MOTM today went to Toby for excellent work at the back.

The Under 14’s travelled to Hitchin Town this weekend looking to extend their unbeaten run in the League. The game started well for The Hares and they found themselves 1 up after 3 minutes when Joey Wedge netted his 14th League goal of the season. With the Hares enjoying the majority of possession it was surprising that it took another 15 minutes to add their second of the game when George Clark slotted home. A minute later 0-2 became 0-3 when George Clark was involved again, this time by running on to a through ball from Jake Craddock-DeBois and despite the keeper making a save from his shot, Jamie Lynch was in the right space at the right time to score. Despite The Hares being 3-0 up and coasting it was Hitchin who began to look the better side, and deservedly pulled a goal back to make it 1-3 at the break. The second half began as the first had finished, and The Hares were doing their best to allow Hitching to get themselves back into the game, however Joey Wedge added his second of the game to make the final score 1-4 to the visitors. The result keeps the Hares at the top of their league having won 5 and drawn 1 from their 6 games played so far. MOTM this week went to Joey Wedge.