No game for the u8 oranges today due to the opposition unable to field a team. We hope the parents used the time wisely to finish their Christmas shopping. Final game of 2018 next week, with a special Christmas training session this week!!

U8 blacks were away to Stevenage Borough with an early 9.45am kick off. The boys were lucky enough to play on a 3G pitch, but playing 6 aside on a very small pitch proved to be quite a challenge. The opposition started proceedings, but Liam ensured that the Hares team were always in contention. Samuel decided that he was going to show us his skills with a screamer from the half way line and the keeper didn’t stand a chance. He continued to impress, scoring another along the way and definitely deserved his POTM award. Well done all of you, last game of 2018 at home next week against Stotfold.

The U12 Yellows boys were at home in a lunchtime kick off against Wormley. With no subs available we knew the lads had to put in a shift against a very physical side. Hares took a well deserved lead through Francis midway in the first half. Some solid defending and a well taken goal from Luca completed a very good half. The away side came out flying in the second half, getting on the scoresheet only for Hares to score straight from kick off through Connor. Luca capped of a great performance with his second of the day. MOTM today went to Connor for a great second half performance. Merry Christmas to you all.

The Under 14’s knew they were in for a test against Letchworth Garden City Eagles at Ralph Sadleir, having only 10 players fit for this weekend’s fixture. Despite Letchworth having the numerical advantage The Hares were holding their own until mid-way through the first half when the visitors took the lead on 17 minutes. However the teams were back level 10 minutes later when George Clark ran on to Joey Wedge’s lob to slot pass the keeper. All of The Hares’ good work was undone 2 minutes later when they gave away a penalty, which was converted by Letchworth and took the visitors into half time leading 1-2. After a stern team talk and a positional re-shuffle The Hares came out fighting, desperate to keep up their unbeaten run in the league, and the hard work paid off 13 minutes into the second half when Barney O’Hara headed in at the far post to make it 2-2. It only took another 2 minutes for The Hares to take the lead for the first time in the game when Joey Wedge, found the net with a long range effort to make it 3-2, and the fightback was truly completed with The Hares scoring their 3rd goal in six minutes when Luke Spowart’s goal bound shot took a slight deflection to make it 4-2. With visitors starting to look deflated The Hares were only getting stronger, and with six minutes of the game remaining George Clark scored his second of the game to make it 5-2. Not happy with his brace, GC completed his hat-trick 3 minutes later, to earn himself a Man of the Match performance and make the final score 6-2 to The Hares. A superb second half performance by the lads this weekend which keeps them unbeaten at top of the league, with a game in hand on second placed Hoddesdon Town.

Having been on a run of 4 consecutive wins over the past month, today the U16s diverted their attention to a 3rd round County Cup fixture away against St Albans City South. A strong wind dominated both halves, Hares kicking into the wind in the 1st half actually created the better chances but just before half time conceded to go in 1-0 down. The team knew that playing with the wind 2nd half was going to put pressure on the opposition being able to get out of their half, and combined with good high pressing the u16s forced an equaliser from a corner which was not cleared and Dom was on hand to score from 6 yards out. The boys kept pushing for a winner which came with 15 mins left. A good move down the right saw Noah pass it to Austen G who beat his opponent at the by-line and pulled the ball back for Matt to sweep the ball into the far corner of the net to make it 2-1. There were a couple of nervous free kicks that we had to defend in the last 5 mins but the lads held firm and the U16s now go into the 4th round (last 16) . They end the year nicely placed on top of the Premier division with everything to play for in 3 remaining cup competitions. MOTM was Dan. All at the U16s would like to wish everyone at the club a Happy Christmas and great New Year !!